When the KSI librarian is not available, KSI students have access to a librarian 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Ask?Away, an online reference chat service provided by a consortium of Illinois and Wisconsin libraries.To use this service, please click on the link below. You will be connected to an academic librarian who can help you with your research question through a live chat session. For suggestions on how to use Ask?Away, please see the Hints for Students section below.
Hints for Students:
- Allow enough time to use Ask?Away. Finding good information could take a few minutes but may save time later.
- The librarian may be helping several people at once, so please be patient.
- Tell the librarian where you have already searched. This helps get you new information and resources.
- Ask for search tips. The librarian can help you become a better researcher, but they are not online to do your work for you.
- Let the librarian know your specific assignment. For example, do you need books, articles, or web sites?
- You are being helped by a real person, not a search engine. Please be polite.
- Try your own librarian. She can help you too!