Call For Papers
The DMS conference is an international conference series, which covers a wide
spectrum of technique discussions, demonstrations, and student program/paper contests
in the fields of distributed multimedia computing. Started in 1994, the series
of conference has been held at Hawaii, Hong Kong, Vancouver, Taipei, Aizu-Wakamatsu,
Japan, San Francisco, Miami and Canada. This time, the conference will be held at the
Hotel Sofitel, Red Wood City, San Francisco Bay, USA.
DMS'2007 focuses on techniques, systems, applications, and theories in
the fields of distributed multimedia computing. The conference organizers
seek contributions of high quality papers, panels or tutorials, addressing
various aspects of distributed multimedia systems and applications, for
presentation at the conference and publication in the proceedings.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
The use of prototypes and demonstration video for presentations is
- audio and video compression
- MPEG, Quicktime, Windows API standards
- image, video, audio content analysis and indexing/retrieval
- image, video and audio watermark
- 3D audio and video
- computer graphics and animation
- modeling and analysis of distributed multimedia systems
- OS support for distributed multimedia systems
- distributed multimedia databases and computing
- distributed object management
- multi-paradigmatic information retrieval
- multimedia human-computer interaction
- multimedia communications and network architectures
- mobile networks and mobile computing
- multimedia stream synchronization and QoS control/scheduling
- multimedia software engineering
- multimedia processors and ASIC
- multimedia technologies for people with disability
- intelligent multimedia computing
- intelligent multimodal interaction
- multi agents, mobile agents and their applications
- communication encryption
- security of distributed computer systems
- sensor networks for multimedia computing
- Web servers and services
- XML applications
- Java, VRML and multimedia languages
- visual and multidimensional languages for multimedia applications
- multimedia digital libraries and mail systems
- multimedia applications for CSCW
- multimedia authoring tools and intelligent tutoring
- cultural heritage multimedia applications
- tele-conferencing, tele-medicine and tele-lecture
- virtual reality, distributed virtual environment, and their applications
- virtual school, virtual university, and virtual learning community
- distance learning methodology, tools and systems
- e-commerce, e-education and e-entertainment
Workshops and Special Sessions
This year, DMS'2007 will be held in conjunction with workshops, conferences and special
sections. Papers submitted to workshops or special sessions are invited by
the program committee chairs of the workshops/sections. This joint organization
aims to collect research results from different perspectives.
The following workshops and conferences are being planned:
Please contact the conference program co-chairs
if you are interested in organizing a workshop or a special session. A
one-page proposal with the following items is required:
Title of the workshop/special session
Name of the program committee chair(s)
A list of program committee members
E-mail address of the corresponding program committee chair
A brief description of the theme
Each special session should include at least 5 invited (or accepted) papers.
Each workshop should include at least 2 special sessions (10 papers).
Paper review process of the workshop/special session will be arranged by the
individual program committee chair. It is the responsibility of the individual
chairs to ensure the quality of papers in the workshop/special sessions. The
schedule of workshops/special sessions will be the same as the main conference
(See Important Dates below). Each individual program committee chair can set up the Web site
of the workshop/special session. However papers will be printed in the
same volume as the main conference.
Special issue of Journals
The DMS conference is closely coordinated with the International Journal of
Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering,
the Journal of Visual Languages and Computing and
the International Journal of Distance Education Technologies.
Usually the best ranked papers from the conference, after rigorous reviews, extensive
revisions and further enhancements, will appear in one or more special issues of the above journals.
Papers suggested for the special issue(s) will be reviewed by external reviewers following the standard procedure of
review stipulated by the respective journal.
Conference Site (Hotel Information)
The DMS2007 Conference will be held at the Hotel Sofitel,
Red Wood City, San Francisco Bay, USA. The hotel has made available for
these limited dates (9/5/2007 - 9/9/2007) to DMS2007 attendees a
discount rate of $86 US dollars for single/double, not including sales tax.
Information for Authors
Papers must be written in English. An electronic version (Postscript, PDF,
or MS Word format) of the full paper should be submitted
using the following URL:
Please use Internet Explorer as the browser.
Manuscript must include a 200-word abstract and no more
than 6 pages of IEEE double column text (include figures and references).
Information for Reviewers
Papers submitted to DMS'07 will be reviewed electronically.
The users (webmaster, program chair, reviewers...) can login using the
If you have any questions or run into problems, please send e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
DMS'2007 Conference Secretariat
Knowledge Systems Institute
3420 Main Street
Skokie, IL 60076 USA
If you cannot submit electronically,
please send four copies of the complete manuscript to the above
May 15, 2007 Notification of acceptance
June 30, 2007 Final manuscript due
June 30, 2007 Early conference registration due
The conference is listed by AllConferences.com, a directory of conferences and conventions.