AUTHOR GUIDELINES/INSTRUCTIONS FOR PREPARING PROCEEDINGS MANUSCRIPTS AFTER PAPER ACCEPTANCE
Paper submission should be through website portal.
After paper is accepted, please follow the following guidelines/instructions for preparing proceedings manuscripts.
1. All manuscripts must be in English.
2. You can download
and follow the template for formatting your paper. (There might be minor inconsistencies between author's formatting instructions and the Word/Latex templates. If you are using a template you may ignore such inconsistencies.)
3. Paper layout. All manuscripts must be printed on laser printer,
using standard 8-1/2" X 11" paper and printed only on one-side of paper.
Authors from Europe, Asia and other countries may use the longer A1 paper,
but all text, illustrations, charts, etc. must be kept
within the parameters of the 8-7/8" (22.4 cm) length and 6-7/8" (17.4 cm)
width. Number your pages at the top of the page, using a nonreproducible
blue pen or pencil. If you do not have such a pen or pencil, write the
page number on the back.
4. Type style/size. Text is to be typed single space in 10-point Times-Roman
with 12-point interline spacing
in a two-column format. The title should be 14-point boldface type
and centered over both columns. The author name(s) and affiliation(s) should
be 12-point nonboldface type, upper and lower case centered. Subsection
headings are to be 11-point boldface type, flush left.
5. Column width and height. The column width is 3-1/4 inches (20 picas or
8.3 cm) with a 5/16" (2 picas or 0.8cm) gutter. Margins are 3/4" (4.6 picas
or 1.9 cm) on the sides and top, and 1" (6 picas or 2.5 cm) on the bottom.
The specifications for margins are only approximate. If the resulting
printable is a little larger or smaller, it is okay.
Start the first page 1-1/16" (6.5 picas or 2.7 cm) from the top. Skip
a line between the title and author name(s) and two lines between the author
affiliation(s) and the text. The text length should mot exceed 8-7/8"
(22.8 cm). If the last page fills only one column, please divide the text
into two equal columns.
6. Use of tape. Print all type and graphics directly on sheets formatted
according to the instructions. Do not affix elements to your pages
unless those elements cannot otherwise be included. Do not place celophane
tape over any part of your paper.
7. Abstract. The abstract can be up to 3" (18 picas or 7.6 cm) long. You
can type the abstract in italics or regular type. Leave two spaces between
the abstract and the text.
8. Illustrations, Graphs and Photographs. Illustrations, graphs, and
photographs may fit across both columns if necessary, but keep the text in
two columns. Your artwork must be in place on the article. If you are
using photographs, please have halftones made (80- or 100-line screen) at
a printshop and use rubber cement to affix the halftones in place. Halftones
can be shot from a color or black and white photo. Please try to supply the
best quality photographs or illustrations possible. The quality of the
book will be only as good as the originals provided.
9. Footnotes and references. Use footnotes sparingly and place them at
the bottom of the column in which they are referenced. List and number all
bibliographical references at the end of the paper. When referenced within
the text, enclose the number in square brackets . Where appropriate,
include editor(s) of a book.
10. Your paper is limited to SIX pages if it is a REGULAR paper, and FOUR pages if it is a SHORT paper, as specified in the acceptance letter of program chair. You may exceed the stated paper length only if so stated in the letter you have received with author guidelines. There is a charge of $100 US dollars for the first page over the limit, and a charge of $150 US dollars for the second page over the limit. If your paper exceeds the page limit, a check or money order for the page(s) over the limit must accompany your manuscript. If your paper exceeds the stated limit by more than TWO pages, you should contact the program chair.
11. ONLINE REGISTRATION
Please register online before May 10. The online registration page consists of the SEKE 2012 registration form and copyright form. Please complete both forms and then click the "Submit" button at the bottom of the page. Registration must be accompanied by payment of the registration fee. Papers will not be included in the proceedings or conference, unti the registration fee is paid in full. Submission of the registration form and copyright form alone does not constitute registration. For authors of multiple papers, each paper must be registered separately with payment.
12. Please prepare pdf file and upload your paper as follows:
13. REGISTRATION BY MAIL
Please send your manuscript before May 10, 2012 to SEKE 2012, Knowledge Systems Institute, 3420 Main St., Skokie, IL 60076, USA (EMAIL: email@example.com, TEL: 847-679-3135, FAX: 847-679-3166). Paper must be accompanied by payment of the registration fee. Papers will not be included in the proceedings or conference, until the registration fee is paid in full. Just mailing the registration form alone does not constitute registration. For authors of multiple papers, each paper must be registered separately with payment.
14. REGISTRATION BY FAX
If you are pressed for time, you can fax the registration form (signed if you pay by credit card) and signed copyright form to KSI at +1-847-679-3166. You can also scan and convert the forms and upload them to our ftp directory as follows: the registration form should be uploaded to the subdirectory REGIS and named regis-lastname.pdf (or .jpg), and the copyright form should be uploaded to the subdirectory COPY and named copy-lastname.pdf (or .jpg).
15. If REGISTRATION BY MAIL or REGISTRATION BY FAX is chosen, Please be sure to include your signed copyright form to be sent with your registration form. We must have the form in our office before your paper can be published in the proceedings.