1. All manuscripts must be in English.
2. Paper layout. All manuscripts must be printed on laser printer, using standard 8-1/2" X 11" paper and printed only on one-side of paper. Authors from Europe, Asia and other countries may use the longer A1 paper, but all text, illustrations, charts, etc. must be kept within the parameters of the 8-7/8" (22.4 cm) length and 6-7/8" (17.4 cm) width. Number your pages at the top of the page, using a nonreproducible blue pen or pencil. If you do not have such a pen or pencil, write the page number on the back.
3. Type style/size. Text is to be typed single space in 10-point Times-Roman with 12-point interline spacing in a two-column format. The title should be 14-point boldface type and centered over both columns. The author name(s) and affiliation(s) should be 12-point nonboldface type, upper and lower case centered. Subsection headings are to be 11-point boldface type, flush left.
4. Column width and height. The column width is 3-1/4 inches (20 picas or 8.3 cm) with a 5/16" (2 picas or 0.8cm) gutter. Margins are 3/4" (4.6 picas or 1.9 cm) on the sides and top, and 1" (6 picas or 2.5 cm) on the bottom. Start the first page 1-1/16" (6.5 picas or 2.7 cm) from the top. Skip a line between the title and author name(s) and two lines between the author affiliation(s) and the text. The text length should mot exceed 8-7/8" (22.8 cm). If the last page fills only one column, please divide the text into two equal columns.
5. Use of tape. Print all type and graphics directly on sheets formatted according to the instructions. Do not affix elements to your pages unless those elements cannot otherwise be included. Do not place celophane tape over any part of your paper.
6. Abstract. The abstract can be up to 3" (18 picas or 7.6 cm) long. You can type the abstract in italics or regular type. Leave two spaces between the abstract and the text.
7. Illustrations, Graphs and Photographs. Illustrations, graphs, and photographs may fit across both columns if necessary, but keep the text in two columns. Your artwork must be in place on the article. If you are using photographs, please have halftones made (80- or 100-line screen) at a printshop and use rubber cement to affix the halftones in place. Halftones can be shot from a color or black and white photo. Please try to supply the best quality photographs or illustrations possible. The quality of the book will be only as good as the originals provided.
8. Footnotes and references. Use footnotes sparingly and place them at the bottom of the column in which they are referenced. List and number all bibliographical references at the end of the paper. When referenced within the text, enclose the number in square brackets . Where appropriate, include editor(s) of a book.
9. Copyright form. Please be sure to include your signed copyright form with your paper. We must have the form in our office before your paper can be published in the proceedings.
10. Your paper is limited to EIGHT pages if it is a REGULAR paper, and FOUR pages if it is a SHORT paper, as specified in the acceptance letter of program chair. You may exceed the stated paper length only if so stated in the letter you have received with author guidelines. There is a charge of $100 US dollars for each page over the limit. If your paper exceeds the page limit, a check or money order for the page(s) over the limit must accompany your manuscript. If your paper exceeds the stated limit by more than TWO pages, you should contact the program chair.
11. Please send your manuscript before APRIL 1, 1998 to SEKE'98, Knowledge Systems Institute, 3420 Main Street, Skokie, IL 60076 USA (EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org, TEL: 847-679-3135, FAX: 847-679-3166). Paper must be accompanied by payment of the registration fee. Paper will not be included in the proceedings and the conference program, unless full payment of registration fee is received. Just mailing the registration form alone does not constitute registration. For authors of multiple papers, each paper must be accompanied by a separate registration with payment.